Tips when contacting referral partners
- Attend Face to face meetings (eg. Sales meetings)
- Make regular calls
- Thank them for the referral
- Talk through objections when trying to cross sell a product
- Give constructive feedback
- Let your referrer know how you went when you contacted their customer.
- Be curious about how your referrers business works
- For Loan Market brokers, send The Pulse newsletter to your partner for up to date info on your industry.
Note: As a broker, you cannot communicate to an agent, what their customer’s pre-approved amount is.
Be front of mind
- Text messages with number of pre approved buyers/customers you are dealing with that week
- Attend open homes, auctions and even stock runs even if it’s on a weekend.
- Novelty gifts at the office
- Being present at events in the office
- Drop in’s to the office in the week
- Send regular texts when you know your referral partner is busy to let them know you're here to help.
Motivate your referral partner
- Ensure leads are being passed back and fourth between you partner and yourself.
- Communicating your results and plans to improve
- Brainstorm better ways you can work together
- Offer special staff deals for your services
Provide the best customer experience
- See every client regardless of their financial situation or if you know they are likely to be converted.
- Keep in touch with the leads you have been given from your referral partner even if they were not interested in taking up your service immediately. You want to be front of mind when they do.
- Be responsive to calls and phone referred clients straight away.